Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A pepperoni slice a day keeps the doctor away.

Classes haven't been as much of a priority lately as they should be-- but I'm still trotting along. In my History of Fashion class, we're required to draw the fashions from each time period studied. Overall, my garments look semi-decent. As for the fashion illustration aspect of these images, I feel like I'm losing my skills! I can only blame myself. I haven't attended any drawing workshop or done any independant drawing... not because I don't want to, but because there's no time. I'm well aware that I'm doing myself a terrible disservice. Working evenings- when I'm the most awake, aware, and inspired- definitely has its disadvantages.

Here are some of the pictures I've done for the class, however. Definitely not the best I've ever drawn, but there's something I like about each. Yey for my printer/scanner. The images look lovely digitalized.


Low/High Midevil


Renaissance

1600s

Late 1700s
 

I would have figured that drawing the 1700s would have been great fun and everything. You'd be surprised how little resources on the French Revolution and the French court the San Francisco library holds. Also, blah faces and hands. I think I need to start doing some drawing on my down time-- these attempts have very little life to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment