Friday, May 4, 2012

Reintroduction to Lolita + LOL LJ.

For those of you lurking, and following my posts for years, I'm coming forward and saying: I'm bringing it back! ...my LiveJournal I mean! And not because I want to become a regular blogger there again. Far from it, actually. I just would like to comment on communities now and again for shits and giggles (and to be honest, to drive traffic here as a by-product!)

What does this actually encompass? And why would I do such a thing?

Well, the first encompasses going back through 10 YEARS (holy crap!) of entries and marking them all as Friends Only. I never had an issue with people reading what I used to post, but in all honesty, I just want people to pay attention here, rather than there, which is why I'm closing off those old entries. I still want to keep everything at the old journal, though, for nostalgia, justice, and the LOLs. I still have a lot of housekeeping to do on that old account so no posts until I do. I know in reality it doesn't particularly matter what that old journal looks like, but to me, it makes all the difference.

I even went out of my way to give this blog a header image and a decent background so when its linked, it looks like someone LIVES here!

So again, why would I do such a thing?


I'm getting back into (classic) lolita.

:X

(I don't often use emoticons on this blog, but I felt this warranted it)

At the encouragement by several people I know both here in San Francisco as well as old friends back in San Diego, I'm doing it. That old 10 year love kind of came over me again with the quickness and I'm ok with it. I can kind of look at it with different eyes than when I did when I was younger and appreciate different aspects of it. Plus a huge sewing-kick is giving me a big head and convincing me that I can TOTALLY make some of those dresses with enough determination and patience. 

Anyway, LiveJournal comes into play with how I'd like to comment in communities every once in a while and I would like to do it without ads... Yup. Also, 15$ to rename an account? Honestly?

520 entries in and I've barely hit the 5-Year Anniversary post for my account. I had that thing since like 2003. Eep.


No comments:

Post a Comment