Wednesday, May 23, 2012

New Project: SpringGreen Dress


I'm so excited to start working on this! The pattern was bought for 1.99$ on sale (yes, I scrounged for pennies to get it!) and the illustration is my own. I figured after taking a class on doing these sort of croquis, I should definitely keep my drawing hand practicing!

Project Title : SpringGreen Dress
Short Project Description: Scoop-neck dress with delicate lace ruffles at the neckline and rectangle skirt bottom.
Projected Deadline: June 10th. Not arbitrary! Payday and whether I get any "me" money dictates this!
Pattern(s) Used: McCall's 5972 for that scoop neck bodice piece.
Materials needed: Various laces for trims and neckline, slightly sheer dot fabric, cotton lining, matching invisible zipper. 
Challenges or obstacles: I've never done such a fitted bodice before and my focus for an entire week will be just getting that thing perfect. Also, I'm putting a 40$ cap on materials... but if I can make it cheaper without compromising the integrity of such a pretty dress, I'll be happy. I think the most expensive item will be the lace.

No comments:

Post a Comment