Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Reference drawings, croquis, and happy with the live model.

So school this semester has been definitely interesting, but I'm happy to say I'm not struggling. The main class that has been more "challenging" of the two has been my croquis class which is very time consuming and cash consuming as well!

Here are some of the things I've worked on for the semester.








Most of the drawings were done from reference but we still get live models from time to time. I really like the model that helps out on a regular basis-- she has fashion figure proportions and is always coming out with very comfortable poses for our purposes. Also helps that she cracks jokes while we draw.

Otherwise, I'm (generally?) happy with my assignments, but I think I should definitely spend more time practicing... but it gets tiring, you know? It's probably a good thing I didn't go with animation as a career-path as I originally intended back when I was in high school! Looking back on it, it seems like a really weird goal for me. I don't think I would be happy in that career right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment