Friday, January 13, 2012

Black tea + amaretto and bright red finger nails.

So if you follow me on Twitter, you may have gathered that I started a brand new venture on Etsy, Aquavert, which I had to neglect over the holidays. I really pushed myself to get it up and running before Black Friday (which I did)-- but had to quickly put it back on hold with the rush of finals and moving into my new apartment. I'm actually very excited to start getting it back and running, though!




My current goal is plain and simple: Have 100 different sleeves listed by March. Sounds like a weird one, but hear me out! The way I see it, the more items I put out there, there more demographics my sleeves will appeal to and the more people will be interested!

Either way, I'm finding one of the trickiest aspects of actually making the sleeves is finding beautiful fabric! I think this was an excellent reminder of why I want to become a textile designer... so I never have to deal with that problem again!

So while right now I'm still in the process of unpacking my sewing machine and getting into a frenzy of activity, I'll post up a few beautiful Liberty of London prints that would look so fun on a yummy cup of coffee. Yes, the fabric is a tad (lot) more expensive, I would like to at least have a few of them on my coffee sleeves- they're so classy and iconic!

 




Soooo beautiful! (Can I just get my degree all ready so I can go work for this company?) Even if my fabric stash is horrendously depleted, I still have a cute Dr. Seuss print fabric I intended for the holidays that could still be posted. I also have a bright blue reindeer print which I'll have to put aside until next year-- poor reindeer!


No comments:

Post a Comment