Thursday, August 11, 2011

Amping up for Fall 2011

I'm a little surprised at myself for not particularly looking forward to fall like I always do, especially with it being right around the corner. I used to have a lot of fun look forward to wearing new coats, scarves, and hats. However, considering I wear them on a regular basis right now, I feel a lot of the joy has been sucked out of the coming season.

Somehow, the day to day sucking of marrow out of autumn has me completely longing for running around in this beautiful city late into the day--- wearing nothing but a cute romper, sunglasses, and wedge heels. I haven't felt summer enough to say that I've experienced it. Then again, California has always been an enigma when it comes to seasonal changes.

I find that the major tell-tale signs of this change is in the revamping of all the store windows at Union Square and down Market Street. Even Juicy Couture with all its skankalishious style has introduced fur trims, sweaters, and long sleeve pieces.

As a special "treat" to myself, I let myself waste away for an hour in front of Polyvore and made a seasonal set to show what sort of look I want to go for in the fall. A new color scheme for me: neutrals, blue/greens, and understated dusty pinks. I want to buy classier items for the season. And boots. High heeled boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment