Friday, June 3, 2011

You know that you missed me.

One month later, the school semester is over and I'm home free....! Here are some images from one of my final projects for Knitwear which I've been meaning to post. Yes, I was inspired by food and I don't mind it one bit!







Knitwear was decent except for the time factor (never enough, not enough workshops, unclear guidelines...) and I absolutely loved History of Fashion. Looking forward to my classes in the fall!  

In that positive vein, I do feel better about where I am and what's going on in my world right now. I feel great about myself and some of the opportunities that are presenting themselves. With that said, it's officially summer time and I'm surprisingly excited about it... except the weather being shitty up here in The City. Who'd have known I'd have ever missed So-Cal's normal 70*? My legs do, anyway, and I'm very intent to make sure they don't look sickly and pale if I can avoid it! A cute pedicure and some new sandals have helped. Also, summer colors like the new nail polishes I've been interested in have kept things fun, in their own small ways.

OPI- Mermaid's Tears and Essie- Braziliant


To shake up my routine, I'm taking a tip from @NormalOriginal and have started to use the Pomodoro Technique to try and be more productive towards my daily goals. I'm so excited about it! So far it has only been implemented on domestic tasks (cleaning my room, doing the laundry, etc.); I'm looking forward to putting it to use with my hobbies and artistic aspirations. The technique outline says specifically not to use it for that... but I'm a Virgo who craves structure and actually LOVE how its set up so I don't mind one bit. Dedicated blocks of time to get things done? Makes my inner workaholic jump in excitement!

But all in all, this summer is starting to come together very nicely. The most exciting piece of good news is being hired by Apple and starting soon! Miserable days at my current job are nearly done-- I'm sticking it out until the end of the summer. A Vegas trip (hopefully!) on my 25th birthday is holding me there; I need a fun birthday to keep the positive vibes going.


Also, a dedicated blogging schedule will also help me rock the shit out of these next few months. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment